To familiarize the participants with the relevant industries in the analysis of the vulnerability level of a site to various relevant terror related threats, so that they will be able to provide useful and knowledgeable threat related recommendations to the decision makers in order to decide on cost effective security upgrades. The trainees will gain a familiarity with the threats and a “Tool-Box” and knowledge base for analyzing their consequences and appropriate ways of mitigation.
- Red team: the adversary´s perspective
- The multi-site Priority Report
- Installation Security with a focus on the relevant installations the group are responsible for
- Pre-attack intelligence collection
- The threat list and modus operandi – past, current and future
- Counter terrorism and crowded places
- Likelihood Analysis
- Consequence Analysis
- Vulnerability Assessment and setting priorities based on likelihood and consequence
- Understanding building construction and materials
- Understanding blast
- Recommending mitigating security products
- Security product standards
- Choosing the right solution to the problem
- Dealing with new sites
By the end of the training program, graduates will have the basic knowledge and understanding of the threat related Threat and Risk Assessment and be able to introduce the methodology to their related jobs:
- Will be able to look at a site through the potential attacker’s perspective (a true eye opener)
- Will learn the span of the adversaries’ threats
- Will understand the basic concepts of “threat oriented” security in general and how it is applied to installation security specifically
- Will identify the valued assets in need of protection in relation to the supply chain allowing business continuity and resilience
- Will learn to appreciate and assess the physical consequences of terror threats on building structures, processes and people
- Will be acquainted with the fundamentals of blast and its impact
- Will learn to prioritize between sites
- Will learn to speak the ‘language’ of the industry, helping them in conveying the security message
Our Participants Speak...
The instructor’s knowledge, experience and anecdotes provide context to the objectives he aims to deliver. Despite the Australian threat environment differing from those overseas, the methodology and techniques remain relevant and current. The risk assessment process in broken down into simple steps and identifies to the ‘real’ risks, not those highlighted by the hype of the media or government.
Highly recommend the training and I’m certainly interested in other material MIP has to offer.
Brilliantly relevant with an approach to likelihood that makes a lot of sense and cuts through the indecision often associated with undertaking risk assessments in relation to terrorism. So many stories and videos that made it all very real.
Excellent introduction into Methodologies & Techniques in security planning. The course provided an excellent base on which to build my abilities to conduct an assessment.
The training exceed my initial expectations. What I learned will have a huge impact on how I now look at and do my job. I wish I had more time in a day to be able to get everything done aI thought about and wrote down during the course. I would love to attend any future courses that may be arranged. I learned so much and enjoyed the week and appreciated the knowledge and expertise of the Instructor.